Discover Cindy Crawford's secret to younger looking skin!

Saturday, December 12, 2009



Today Social-spark.com(a paid to review site) scared the living daylights out of me!! I logged in to my yahoo inbox to find this mail stating that they've sent back my reviewed post for correction and resubmission because unfortunately my blog was providing them with Trojan errors. I tried viewing my blog, and it seemed to be loading fine until the whole site opens but suddenly slips away into a blank page.

I also noticed blogsadvertiningstore.com previously known as payingpost.com flashing in the status bar below before it blanked out, so quite obviously i doubted them first more than any other widget or code or virus's. But even then, i was worried as i had not even tweaked my templates in two months so i was like almost devastated as this blogs helps to make money online in multiple ways and here i was in a stew knowing my blog has been targeted with malicious codes. Giving Payingpost.com the benefit of doubt, i moved on to the Google webmaster central to see if my blogs really had any other malware content but was tested clean.

I was cracking my brains and removed some youtube videos from my MusicMonday posts in a hurry and even began removing images. Nothing doing, my blog was still the same. I couldn't even view my elements as that page blanked out too. This is when i would have had this nervous breakdown! But guess what, i started searching for wyciwyg://290 which appeared before my blogs URL when i hit 'backward'. Some sites were talking about our Mozilla cache, protocol etc.. I landed on the Google forums where these bloggers were already discussing this issue and they pointed out 'PAYINGPOST.COM' so without wasting any time my next step was to remove the codes from the section before the closed 'head' in my HTML.

Now the thing is whether or not you have or had the paying post code in your templates html, your blog could still be a target to this error or virus or whatever but you will find the solutions, am sure. As they say with prayers and fingers crossed nothing can go undone or unsolved.. Praise be to god am still safe with Google Adsense too :-)

5 Comments:

  1. Lynn said...
    just like what happened to my site before sis. i was so shocked that i thought my blog was hacked. i even wrote about it only to find out eventually that it was the code from PP. i removed the codes in my other blogs as well after that and because of that, i think i won't get paid anymore. oh well...
    Nisha said...
    Hi sis.. in that case neither will i get paid tooo.. and i think its their tactics so that bloggers remove their codes and they wont have to pay! :(
    bluedreamer said...
    same here! i was very upset with this site because aside from not giving out our payments, they try to send viruses for those sites who keeps on complaining against them...
    ... i had the same problem last week with one of my sites which is registered under this stupid company, and it all turned back to normal after deleting their codes
    Nisha said...
    Yes blue.. they're trying tricky stuff with us, just so that they wont have to pay us.. its very bad on their part!..
    onlinemommy said...
    I encounter the same error with some of the site I frequently visits. One mommy even asked my help and I asked her to remember what was the last thing he added on her site. She realized that she added the code for blogsadvertiningstore.com. When she deleted it, her site backed to normal.

Post a Comment



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape