Discover Cindy Crawford's secret to younger looking skin!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008



Bakrid also known as Eid Ul Adha, festival of the Muslims was celebrated quite recently in and around India, the festival of sacrifice, which is because of the commemoration of Abraham's willingness to offer up his only son Ishmael. Being a converted Muslim myself, it was even in my family(in laws) that celebrated with our loved ones, with prayers, good will and distribution of the sacrificed meat to relatives, neighbours and the poor. The meat of camels, goats or cows are sacrificed on this day and divided into three parts of which one part will be kept for the family, the other for relatives and friends, and third for the poor. The festival is celebrated for continuous four days and the slaughter can take part any hour after prayers to the lord. Sweet dishes are also distributed among the neighbours, apart from the meat. Delicious dishes are prepared and families celebrate with great happiness.


It has been 9 long years and not only post marriage, have i been part of these festivals since my childhood, and my heart buries into the whole ceremony of any festival, be it at Christmas(Christian festival) or Id(Muslim festival), Durga Puja or Diwali(Hindu festival). I enjoy every festival from the core of my heart.

I am indeed, very lucky to be able to be a part of any festival, not everyone gets the chance. My kids are also lucky too and they love celebrating all the festivals just like their mom:) On this note, i would like to wish everyone happy holidays and joyous Christmas shopping!

3 Comments:

  1. bluecrystaldude said...
    Wow.. You are indeed lucky :)

    I am celebrating my Eid'ul Adha just in a moderate mood. We gather as a family and have a nice meal. In certain part of Malaysia, they are celebrating it much merrier than us, I am in the southern part and we are more participate in Eid'ul Fitr :):)

    It's still a nice celebration though. We share our wealth with others who less fortunate :D
    bluedreamer27 said...
    wow i also love involving myself in such things like festivals because through particiating those events, you can gained more friends and your social relationship and your inter personal relationship will be develop
    have a great day nisha thanks for dropping by
    waliz said...
    eidul adha means meats and more meats...until now i have lots of meat in my freezer...dont know wht to do with it..it all been given by my villagers...they sacrifed about 8 cows in total!

    i seldom do this nisha but i wanted to invite u to my blog to share wth u my stories...see u then

Post a Comment



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape