Discover Cindy Crawford's secret to younger looking skin!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008


Recently i read an article on a news website about a mobile ring tone which was supposed to be the most download and listening to worldwide. I read that it was composed in India but was creating waves international too, like in India .. i felt so proud and started my search for the ring tone, but so engrossed in my search for the ring tone as soon as i c*l*c*k*e*d on the link that spelled the ring tone(sorry cant type it here) my PC suddenly rebooted, only to find a virus alert pop up on the restart. It said virus alert, c*l*i*c*k on the link to remove.. what made matters worse was when in nervousness, i moved my mouse over it and pops ups took over my PC.. best or worst part, it was only when i landed on the index page from where i tried searched for the ring tone. I saw that Google actually had a link below saying 'This site can harm your PC'.. I was doomed, why the hell i didn't see that before?? that was because i actually found the link on one of the news sites itself but again when i landed on the index page, i saw the alert link there. Had i been to the index page at first i would have known about the virus.

Let me tell you, it was not an ordinary virus.. within two hours my PC was dead( with restarts and pop ups) I felt like slow poison, and quit attempting to continue use of my PC. The virus wasnt allowing any antivirus to scan, not even the one i had downloaded. Now its all ok with a recent format:).. Thank god.

I would like to advice my visitors never to c*l*i*c*k on any link without knowing what they will be getting into, i mean check before, to see whether Google had labelled the site as harmless or with harmful alerts. They will warn you if the site could harm your computer with a link like this 'This site could harm your computer' and i think its very helpful. I fell into the trap once, but wouldn't like to see you fall so please take my advice:)

1 Comment:

  1. bluecrystaldude said...
    wow.. That sound dangerous! I received quite a lot spam email nowadays. I wonder why.. Especially my yahoo mail. Gmail is less worrying..

Post a Comment



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape