Discover Cindy Crawford's secret to younger looking skin!

Monday, September 15, 2008


I have been a lover of sea food all my life but my kids are simple eaters and don't prefer rich(too spicy) meals served to them. This Sunday, i thought i will prepare a sea food recipe which i got online.

This week being too hectic, the most exciting thing I've done is voting for my favourite sea food recipe at www.GreatAmericanSeafoodCookOff.com and am hoping the recipe bags the prize! Five recipes, all equally delicious but some didn't suit my taste buds. Of course, one look at them and you know which one will turn out a scrumptious meal. But, i finally chose my favourite recipe from the site to try out.

I chose the Mississippi Redfish Courtboullion
with Seafood Dirty Rice dish by Chef John Currence as my favourite. The recipe is from the state of Mississippi, no wonder its included in the title. This particular dish has a variety of ingredients and meat. The recipe has red fish, shrimp, crab meat, bacon and lots of other ingredients. I would replace bacon with chicken breast as i don't consume bacon, and i think chicken would taste equally good. I also liked the idea of complimenting the meal with rice. I will definitely add chicken breast, minus beer to my dish, unlike in the recipe and i am confident it wouldn't taste any different from the actual recipe. The other recipes use too many sauces which is difficult to find here in India but this specific recipe has everything i can get from the daily market close by.

I have taken such interest in the great cook off contest and am even adamant to try the recipe at home. In my opinion i always prefer domestic seafood for sustainable reasons and when there is fresh sea food around you, it brings the best chef out in you!

Guys, i forgot to mention that there is a contest going on at www.GreatAmericanSeafoodCookOff.com, where you got to vote for your favourite recipe. Your luck strikes, you may win a package prize which is a trip to the Orleans. There is more than just the trip so visit soon and vote. Now you know the reason for my double excitement:)

Post?slot_id=20431&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

3 Comments:

  1. WritingsForLife said...
    I suppose I would have to look into this. The significant other likes sea food :-)
    bluedreamer27 said...
    hey i love sea foods too especially lobster yum yum
    hehehe
    Susy_Sui'Cide said...
    ` i luv seafud soo0 much.. especially the 'smoked fish' in my home town.. hi3.. yumy yumy.. im starve 2 dead...`

Post a Comment



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape