Discover Cindy Crawford's secret to younger looking skin!

Saturday, October 24, 2009







Its early morning and my neighbors have woken me up really much earlier than my usual wake up time! I can tell by the music that plays in the surrounding! Today is their holy festival of chhat puja. Mostly the Bihari's(people of different state in India) celebrate this festival and i am obviously not very aware about its history being non hindu but am always anxious to understand each festival and why it is celebrated and i'll admit i understand that most people celebrate their festivals by religious observance, fasting and feasting?

I don't think all of the hindus celebrate. I guess, the people who reside in the northern parts of India(Bihar) celebrate this festival for family protection, health and prosperity. They dip themselves in the river Ganga after fasting and making an offering to the sun god. Its a four day festival and a colorful one. I've never seen so many devotees, like in lakhs, offer prayers almost half dipped in the rivers before and i must get to watch this someone. Would be a great view.. watch it for yourself :-)

Note: You can get more info here :-)

1 Comment:

  1. coolingstar9 said...
    nishas,
    India is the very big country with hugh polulation. India has the rich culture that many countries are absorbing like Asia and other parts of the world.
    It is good to see different festivals in different parts of India. Through this activities, they are living more happily. I can see so colouful clothes, cheerful people on your photos.
    Thanks for sharing. nishas, I visit you today because I have little bit free time, best wishes all the best.

Post a Comment



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape