Discover Cindy Crawford's secret to younger looking skin!

Saturday, August 20, 2011

I was in for a heart attack last night when i had by mistake deleted a folder which contained about 30 bookmarks, and all important ones. I was literally praying i would be able to recover the bookmarks myself when suddenly i hit upon an idea, why not Google, and found a solution on the forums. I thought i couldn't do all by myself but i succeeded! So relieved was i that i couldn't help but jump in joy :)

I decided to share with my readers because after searching for an hour i realized this was the only solution, either i was saved or dead... I am still living thankfully :)

If you have not closed Chrome more than twice, you may be in lock.

In Windows Explorer, browse to:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
Windows Vista: C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

You have to have Hidden Folders enabled to find these directories. Otherwise you can just substitute the above in to the address bar, and press enter.

Once there, you should see a bunch of files. Two of which are: "Bookmarks", and "Bookmarks.bak".

Rename the "Bookmarks" file to "Bookmarks.old", or something like that.
Then, rename "Bookmarks.bak" to "Bookmarks", so that the bookmarks backup file (that's what the .bak extension is for) takes the old Bookmarks file's place.

If have have closed Chrome more than twice since losing your bookmarks, they're gone forever... sadly =[

This comes to you direct from the forums :)

1 Comment:

  1. bluedreamer27 said...
    wow you were able to recover the files all by yourself Cheers!
    You know what this reminds me of one of my worst experience as a call center agent before...
    The customer is complaining about the slow connection so i told him, that we can optimize the browser by removing the cookies and cache but the customer also removed the bookmarks and blamed it all to me haha he called for my supervisor to complain LOL

Post a Comment



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape